|Job Title||District Director of Clinical|
Serves as a member of the Region team to assist facilities in providing clinical excellence. Responsible for planning and directing clinical operations and quality improvement practices for a designated Region. This is accomplished through education, mentoring and validation of required systems and processes for each facility, and ongoing analysis of clinical operation outcomes to determine priority needs and resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts facility support visits per company standards to ensure ongoing progress of clinical operations goals and improvement plans. Communicates to the Division Director of Clinical Services if a monthly visit cannot be conducted so that necessary coverage can be arranged. Completes all reports according to schedule and communicates facility visit findings to the Regional Vice President of Operations and the Region Team, the Division Director of Clinical Services. Collaborates with specific team members to ensure appropriate resources are provided to ensure facility success. Partners with Regional Vice President of Operations and Regional Team to conduct joint focus facility visits and conference calls as needed.
- Ensures the facility RAI (assessment and care planning) process is interdisciplinary and comprehensive to meet the needs of the individual resident.
- Assures that each facilities Quality Assessment and Assurance program meets all regulatory requirements and company standards, including: meeting agenda; quality of the data presented, analysis of trends, action planning and follow-up.
- Reviews clinical denials for admission to assess appropriateness and identifies and provides facility clinical competency training or program development needs.
- Partners with Regional Vice President of Operations to address any resident specific or clinical services equipment or supply needs and keeps Division Director of Clinical Services informed of progress in resolving.
- Collaborates annually with the Region/Division team, Administrator, Director of Nursing and other key facility leaders develop a clinical business plan for each facility. To facilitate the development of the plan, reviews and analyzes clinical, regulatory, customer-satisfaction, workforce outcomes. Confirms facility goals and needs including improvement goals, new program development, program refinement the plan includes goals, milestones, stakeholders and expected outcomes. The plan defines the role of the Regional Clinical Director and facility leadership in development, implementation and evaluation. The plan is reviewed during each monthly visit with facility leadership and revised as needed.
- Assumes the key leadership role in mentorship and education to the Director of Nursing to ensure competency for position responsibilities, professional development and retention. Keeps Division Director of Clinical Services informed of potential Director of Nursing turnover and status of recruitment and retention efforts for Director of Nursing openings.
- Assures that each facility has current resources for all regulatory requirements, provides frequent education of current and new regulatory requirements, interpretive guidelines, and the survey process for all facility personnel. Partners with Division Director's of Education to design and provide regulatory education for Regional Teams and, as appropriate for facility teams. Participates in survey preparation calls, regulatory review calls and survey support activities and provides support to assigned facilities in correcting outstanding issues to ensure positive survey outcomes. Subsequent to any survey, resulting in non-compliance assist with plan of correction, development, implementation and monitoring.
- Develops a pro-active education and support plan, consistent with facility business plan based on the comprehensive quarterly (assessment is conducted at least twice a year) clinical systems review and clinical outcomes to ensure facility effectiveness of resident care processes. Communicates to the Division Director of Clinical Services if a quarterly clinical systems review cannot be conducted so that coverage can be arranged. Communicates facility visit findings to the Regional Vice President of Operations & members of the Region Team, the Division Director of Clinical Services. Collaborate with specific team members to assure appropriate resources are provided to ensure facility success. Partners with Regional Vice President of Operations and regional team to conduct joint focus facility visits and conference calls as needed.
- Serves as a member of the regional quality assessment & assurance committee: collects and organizes data for each facility and region (CSR, CKI, QI/QM, Survey, CareTracker, etc); provides a summary report of clinical operations that identifies trends and strategies for improvement and progress on action plans.
- Conducts timely and comprehensive investigations related to clinical compliance. Investigations are completed in 30 days unless extenuating circumstances have been communicated and accepted. Communicates to the Division Director of Clinical Services if timelines cannot be met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.