|Job Title||Area Director of Nursing|
|Location||Sandy Springs, GA|
Serves as a member of the Division team to assist facilities in providing clinical excellence. Responsible for planning and directing clinical operations and quality improvement practices for a designated facility. Serves as Interim Director of Nursing when needed and assigned by DVPCS. This is accomplished through education, mentoring and validation of required systems and processes for each facility assigned, and ongoing analysis of clinical operation outcomes to determine priority needs and resources.
- Ensures facility implementation of resident care processes. Develops appropriate action plans at the facility with specific responsibilities and timeless. Coordinates visit schedule as assigned by DVPCS as appropriate for facility needs.
- Identifies barriers to success and assists with resolution.
- Provides mentorship and education to the Nursing Team and key leadership to ensure professional development and retention.
- Ensures the facility RAI process is interdisciplinary and comprehensive to meet the needs of the individual resident.
- Communicates facility visit findings to members of the District team, the DVPCS and the field support designee. Collaborates with specific team members to ensure appropriate resources are provided to ensure facility success.
- Serves as a member of the Facility Quality Council to provide a summary report of clinical operations that identifies trends and strategies for improvement. Collects and organizes data for each facility (CSR, CKI, QI/QM, Survey, Caretracker, etc)
- Conducts education and training as identified based upon needs.
- Participates at each facility QA meeting to assess meeting organization, quality of the data presented, analysis of trends, and priority actions being taken.
- Conducts timely and comprehensive investigations related to clinical compliance.
- Partners with RHRD as needed to assist facility leadership with effective staffing models, recruitment and retention.
- Represents clinical operations at professional clinical services organizations and consults with industry experts for current state of practice and trends in the provision of resident care and services. Follows appropriate lines of communication and endorses the concept of âno surprisesâ for the company and field support teams. Notifies DVPCS and RVPO of any unresolved concerns identified in facilities. Also contacts other interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing long term care
- Clinical practice expertise â Program scope and implementation
- Ability to formulate and deliver and educational programs
- Basic computer software skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Internet/Intranet use
- Exceptional communication skills with peers, superiors and subordinates
- Organizational leadership and communication skills
This position manages employees of the Clinical Services department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within those teams.Â
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Â While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally/frequently/continuously required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.Â Sensory abilities required by the job include close vision and hearing.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and business days and hours are 8:30am â 5:00pm.Â Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will be necessary occasionally.
This position requires up to 50% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Associateâs/Technical Degree required
- Active RN license
- Five (5) â seven (7) years healthcare/long term care experience
- Experience in multi-facility management or demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize
ÂPreferred Education and Experience
- BSN preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.